|Red Ribbon Club (RRC) is a voluntary on campus intervention is being implemented in the higher Educational institutions, aiming at heightening their risk perception and preventing HIV as well as promoting voluntary blood donation among youth between the age of 17-25 yrs. with Department of Higher Education.|
|CONCEPT OF RRC|
|1. The color of red was then chosen as it symbolizes the color of BLOOD, the idea of PASSION – not only ANGER by LOVE
2. The Red Ribbon is the international symbol of HIV/AIDS awareness.
3. By wearing a Red Ribbon – Care & Concern for those living with HIV/AIDS
4. Support to the organizations that care for the HIV/AIDS
|Main objectives of RRC|
|1. To reduce new HIV infection among youth by raising their risk perception through awareness on Sex, Sexuality and HIV & AIDS.
2. To induce among youth the spirit to help and support People Living with HIV/AIDS (PLHIV) there by reducing stigma and discrimination against PLHIVs
3. To motivate youth and build their capacity as peer educators and change agents by developing their skills on leadership, negotiation, and team building.
4. To promote Voluntary non-remunerated Blood Donation among youth.