|The National Service Scheme, popularly known as NSS, the scheme was launched in Gandhiji’s Centenary year in 1969. Aimed at developing student’s personality through community service, NSS is a voluntary association of young people in Colleges, Universities and at +2 level working for a campus-community linkage especially villages.|
|Motto & Badge of NSS|
|1. The motto of National Service Scheme is NOT ME BUT YOU.
2. The Konark wheel in the NSS badge having 8 bars signifies the 24 hours of a the day, reminding the wearer to be ready for the service of the nation round the clock i.e. for 24 hours.
3. Red colour in the badge signifies energy and spirit displayed by the NSS volunteers.
4. The Blue colour signifies the cosmos of which the NSS is a tiny part, ready to contribute its share for the welfare of the mankind.
|Objectives of NSS|
|1. To understand the community in which they work
2. To understand themselves in relation to their community
3. To identify the needs and problems of the community and involve them in problem-solving
4. To develop among themselves a sense of social and civic responsibility
5. To utilise their knowledge in finding practical solutions to individual and community problems
6. To develop competence required for group-living and sharing of responsibilities
7. To gain skills in mobilising community participation
8. To acquire leadership qualities and democratic attitudes
9. To develop capacity to meet emergencies and natural disasters
10.To practise national integration and social harmony
|About NSS Unit of College|
|Activities & Achievements|